PUBLIC SKIING   TRAIL MAP   DIRECTIONS   RACE RESULTS

RACE ENTRY PORTAL  
 

      
        Stark's Hill in Fryeburg has been owned by the Weston family since the early 1900's. The 1,037 hill/mountain is named for Captain William Stark, one the first proprietors of Fryeburg, and who originally clamed right to the mountain.  It has a long history as Fryeburg's 'ski hill,' starting in the mid 1930's when the first snow trains rolled into town.  The godfather of Alpine skiing, Hannes Schneider, and his and his world famous ski school taught at Stark's in the early 1940's.  Fryeburg Academy started its first official ski team in 1947 and started using Stark's as its training facility, thus beginning a relationship that continues today.